Recipe - Madeira Cake
In this video recipe it is explained in a simple way the preparation procedure of the Madeira cake, typical of British cooking used also for the cake design or cakes which provide multiple levels, and its compact and spongy consistency. It is a simple and really soft cake, which is usually consumed during the time of tea or breakfast.
It is often flavored with lemon or vanilla flavor, the recipe dates back to the eighteenth/nineteenth century and takes its name from the Madeira wine of Portuguese origin and not from the islands. The first recipe dates back to the British officially published cookbook "Modern Cookery for Private Families" by Eliza Acton. There is another version of the "Bolo de mel" which is to add honey.
-1 cup and a half of white flour,
-1 cup sugar,
-125 gr of butter,
-half a cup of milk,
1. In a bowl place the butter and sugar and fitted with the whisk.
2. Now add the grated rind of one lemon and mix well together.
3. Now add the eggs one at a time and assembled the mixture again with the whisk.
4. Finally add the flour and mounted around the compound.
5. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and sprinkle sugar on the surface.
6. Bake at 180 degrees until cooked.
Leave your comment!